The wonderful Discovering Ratchet nominated me a while back for the Free Style Writing Challenge–sorry it took me forever to do! But I really enjoyed participating in it and am flattered to have been nominated by such a wonderful blogger (please check out her blog, it’s the bees knees!).
Here are Rules I had to follow:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and CAPITALS. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
I chose to do the 5 minute challenge, and the word chosen for me by Discovering Ratchet was GINGERBREAD.
Ok first of all YUM. Second of all, yumyumyumyumyumyumyum. I LOVE gingerbread cookies. Especially if they’re the right amount of chewy. Like a nice, firm chewiness. Also ginger is really good for your health. Although not sure if that still stands when it’s in the form of a cookie. I’m gonna go with a YES. Don’t love gingerbread men cookies, though. They’re too crispy. But they are fun to decorate. Wait why aren’t there gingerbread WOmen? Apparently even cookies can’t escape the sexism that plagues this society. From now on, I’m only referring to them as gingerbread women. They’re strong, independent, and don’t need men. That sounds really stupid. Ahhhhhh this is hard. I feel like I can’t come up with anything remotely worthwhile to say. Ummmm, I washed my hair last night. So feeling good today. Also shaved my legs. Rare moment. My jeans feel tight, but we’re working on that. The gingerbread is not going to be helpful there, but we’ll find a way to manage. I just ate a rather bland biscotti. It was basically cardboard. It would’ve benefitted from some gingerbread enhancement. Now I just want a big, chewy, gingerbread cookie. And it’s really the last thing I need. I need to think about something else. Bikes! Bikes!
No. Of words = 212
I nominate the following blogs (which are all wonderful, so please check them out):
Your word challenge is: WORK.