A few days ago, K.E. Wilkinson very kindly nominated me for the “Real Neat Blog Award.” Thank you to her–I’m flattered and honored and excited at the use of the word “neat” because I think it’s entirely underrepresented–and please check out her blog! So here goes:
1) Put the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3) Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
I’ll start with the questions asked of me (GREAT questions, by the way!!):
1. If you could go anywhere in time, space, or reality, whom would you meet and why?
Virginia Woolf, because girl GOT. IT.
2. If you could relive any moment of your life, what would it be? Would you change the outcome?
Probably one of the times I got to ride on the back of my dad’s motorcycle as a kid–just loved the freedom of it. And the only thing I would try to change is how long he kept the bike running–if I had it my way, we would still be taking rides on it, and he would’ve taught me how to ride it by now!
3. If you had to eat the same food over and over again, what would it be?
I’m hoping I’m allowed to pick an entire meal (I can’t bear to think of being limited to just one item), in which case: deep dish pizza & croissant bread pudding from Masa & frozen custard from Shake Shack (I swear I don’t work at either of these places–I WISH I did, because then I literally could just eat their food over and over again, and at a discounted rate!).
4. You have just been cast into the fiery pits of Hell. What music is playing in the background?
5. Fly, sail, or rail? Which method of travel do you most enjoy?
Rail. I hate being trapped on airplanes/germ boxes with a bunch of gross people and bitter flight attendants, and they’re so stuffy and noisy. At least with trains, you have (hopefully) beautiful scenery you can look out at and more room to move around. I have nothing against sailing short term, but as far as long distances, like cruise ships, I feel too sedentary on them (I mean I am always sedentary, but there’s something about being on a ship for a long time that just reminds me of that more, and I would like to just be in denial of it is that ok with you k thanks.)
6. You step in the shower, naked, and discover a rather large, non- venomous spider looking at you from the shower wall. What do you do?
If we’re being honest, I would do my best to kill the motherfucker. I’d like to say I would kindly, gently remove it to the outside, still alive, but I’m terrified of big spiders and just want them gone (also, I feel like the fact that I’m naked gives me more of an excuse for not taking it outside).
7. What is the craziest/stupidest/most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
I would like to nominate the following blogs. Totally up to you whether you participate 🙂
And below are my 7 questions!
1. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why (suuuuper cliché I know)?
2. Wine or beer? EXPLAIN.
3. What do you wish you could change about the world?
4. Most awkward moment of your life? (If there even is just one–lord knows I have infinity).
5. You’re stuck on a desert island and you only have one book, one album, and one person with you. What/who are they? (I am just KILLING it in the Originality category).
6. What’s your dream proposal? (I mean mine is none at all, but just for the sake of storytelling.)
7. If you could trade lives with anyone, who would it be and why? (This one is to prove a point to my mother, because any time I tell her, “If I could be so and so I would,” she says, “but you wouldn’t really want to be them,” and I’m like, “Um, no, actually I would, and I’m pretty sure so would a lot of people”)